An automation software allowing the close loop of the gob forming process.
In order to achieve this, we need a 3D imaging sensor (like Tiama Hot Mass or other system) delivering the required data to feed the regulation system and a servo drive ( Bottero FMC700 or other ) for feeder mechanism.
The following independent modules will be developed under the GlassFORM.ai GOBexpert platform:
- GW: automatic feeder setup for multi-weight productions with close-loop control on gob weight
- GWL: automatic feeder setup for multi-weight productions with targets on gob weight and lengths, with close-loop control on gob weight and length
- GS: automatic feeder setup for multi-weight productions with close-loop control on gob weight and shape, being the gob shape target manually defined by the user (the user manually designs the gob shape)
- GS+: automatic feeder setup for multi-weight productions with close-loop control on gob weight and shape, being the gob shape target optimally identified by the system, given the container shape and using visual measurements from HE sensors
- GS++: automatic close loop control on gob weight and shape using measurements on glass temperatures at foreheart and feeder level + glass viscosity (e.g. automatically adjust gob shape and weight given the measured glass temperature and viscosity)
Starting from the BoX system, the Container Forming Management platform “FORMexpert” will evolve to embrace a wider set of automatic controls and applications, putting together HE sensor measurements, HE production information plus CE data.
Through this approach, an historical “knowledge” base of the production process will be built, to describe its behaviour in relation to the many variables influencing its evolution over time. Time correlation between data (contextualization) will thus be essential to identify root-cause effects and organize the data in a proper way to feed Machine Learning algorithms.
AI techniques will be then applied to create a global system to control and optimize the production process.
The integration of HE and CE data and measurements will be key to create predictive models of the line behaviour, able to take corrective actions in a Machine-to-Machine environment.
The following independent modules will be developed under the GlassFORM.ai FORMexpert platform:
- Ware Spacing
Automatic pusher regulation to ensure optimal container spacing on the conveyor
- Vertical Glass Distribution
Automatic adjustment of process parameters to control and maintain container vertical glass distribution
- Blank-side Temperature
Automatic regulation of blank side temperatures with the integration of sensor measurements
- HE/CE integration
Enlargement of the existing functional perimeters to include the Cold End measurements
- Defect Prevention
Automatic prevention of critical forming defects at the HE thanks to the integration of HE/CE data and measurements
- Gob Loading
Integration of measures and data on gob forming, gob loading and containers detected at HE and CE to optimize the gob delivery and minimize related defects
- NNPB evolution
Integration of HE sensors and control systems dedicated to the complete automatic setup and control of NNPB productions
True AI that works for me
GlassFORM.ai offers quality control combined with automatic machine adjustment, leading to an increase in overall productivity through reduction of wastage, improvement of your glass, glass weight reduction and optimisation of the production processes. This also means a reduction of emissions due to a better pack-to-melt ratio. It’s our “clear view of tomorrow”.